Monday, July 30, 2012

Hello earthlings!

It all started on a sunny day fifteen years ago, on October 31st 1997, when five pre-teen girls starring : the event planner of the group, the bookworm, the athlete, the tree hugger just an overall hippie, and the noob who had just moved from LA (aka Me), left home ready for school skipped their last class and took a bus to their local AMC theatres (now a safeway..go figure) and saw Titanic, starring Leonard DiCaprio.  


And so it began...not the skipping class bit though I will admit that wasn't the only time ditching school but just hanging out together...exploring the world from beyond the comfort of our school.  Since then, every year a few of us routinely celebrate our adventure by getting together for a mini-party at a friends place. Though initially the purpose of this merriment event was to celebrate a wonderful movie in which we all bawled our eyes out (did Jack really have to die?!) however now it has progress to a joyful celebration to reminisce that eventful day that strengthen our friendship (and of course Leonardo DiCaprio).  We get together at a convenient time for everybody for mini-party and catch-up, an annual reunion of a sort.  Its amazing to look back and see how our activities have changed over the years...from sleepovers, board games to dinner parties and now a bookclub!  Yupe we are starting a book club!  im excited..we've always updated each other in one way or another on what we are reading but never officially started one. But here we go..we're giving this a shot. 

The first book suggested by the event planner of the group, is "Fifty shades of Grey" by E.L James.  I initially agreed to it but after reading some reviews and the prelude..eehh im not quite sure I want to read this book.  Its not the genre I usually read...i like the fantasy/sci-fi genre..the harry potter types of books..so this is definitely the complete opposite of my preference in books..but I'll give it a shot I guess, and if I cant read it then I suppose I'll just share why I couldn't do it.  




In other news...the olympics started! Go USA!  you know if there was a gold medal given to a country with most goodlooking athletes...i think USA would be a strong contender ;) dont you think...Ryan Lochte need I say more? 





No comments:

Post a Comment